Wednesday, January 19, 2011

100 Gratitudes: A New Year's Project 25-28

Good snowy morning to you! A lovely day to get out and play. Which is exactly what will be happening today. But, here we go for today...

#25)

Old friends. I have a lot of them. I am blessed. Just yesterday a friend posted some pictures on Facebook of us when we were little and it is so cool to have those memories brought back. When we got married, I had 9 bridesmaids (I know, I know) and every single one of them had been a friend forever.

#26)

New friends. I love making new friends! I love meeting someone and recognizing a kindred spirit in them. I have been beyond lucky, since moving back to Waterbury, to have met a bunch of people like this. (You know who you are, my little skiing buddies!) So amazing to meet new people with whom you can be yourself completely. This community seems particularly full of awesome souls.

#27)

Flowers. Especially at this monochromatic time of year, they are balm to the eyes. Sometimes a picture of them is enough, or a cheery fabric pattern covered in flowers. What an amazing part of our world!


#28)

Great movies. Ones I could, and have, seen over and over again. The Philadelphia Story, The Princess Bride, A Fish Called Wanda, A Room with a View, Enchanted April, The Bourne Series, Mostly Martha, Amelie....... The list goes on and on. If you want to amuse me, just put anything with Katherine Hepburn in on the TV and I am there!

1 comment:

Amy and Steve said...

Just wanted to say hello. I followed your blog during our WPA - Kaz adoption in 2005/6. I LOVE this idea of the 100 Gratitudes!! Inspires me to do the same. Keep it up. Love the cuddles one!