Monday, January 17, 2011

100 Gratitudes: A New Year's Project 16-20


Good morning! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. We did, but I find myself really grumpy this morning. Like, really, mean-mommy, would give almost anything for a few hours of solitude that does not include cleaning of any kind, grumpy. Oh well. C'est la vie! On mornings like this, it is, I think, extremely important to spell out what you are grateful for and what your blessings are. So...

#16)

Books. I can not imagine a life without books. I am currently on a reading tear. I am re-reading old favorites and devouring all my Christmas books. I love knitting books and cookbooks and books about creativity and beauty. I like classics and and children's books and even a well written romance (just discovered Georgette Heyer, and she is sheer light hearted amusement, perfect for a stormy day in front of the fire with frequent interuptions). I love non-fiction. I love history. I love science and books on the environment. I am an equal opportunity book lover. I can't stand literary snobs. I figure whatever floats someone's boat. For my part, I just re-read Cold Comfort Farm. Any book that has 4 cows in it named Aimless, Graceless, Pointless and Feckless is definately worth reading. "Ah, for this I cowdled ye as a mommet!" Love that book.

#17)

Winter.

The joy of playing in the snow and on the ice, coupled with the peace and security of curling up by the fire.

#18)
Indoor plumbing and HOT running water. I live in Vermont. 'Nuff said.

#19)
Vanilla. The smell of baking and comfort food.

#20)
Silence. Soul filling quiet. So rarely achieved, but occasionally in the woods with a blanket of snow, there it is. Total silence. Love that.

No comments: