Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100 Gratitudes: A New Year's Project 6-9

Good morning! We are having a snow-day, the first of our winter (I don't count the weird day in October when school was cancelled for no apparent reason) and we are snuggled in. So, with no further ado....

#6)

SNOW DAYS! Unexpected little vacations. Days to play in new and lovely snow, or if it's really freezing and blowing, snuggle up by the fire and do art projects and read. A little bonus day of togetherness.

#7) Mom.


Funny, GENEROUS(!!!), smart, warm, loving. The perfect travel partner, always up for something fun, the best grandmother, creator of my delightful childhood. My friend, my confidant, my mommy. Oh, and so, so FUNNY. Did I mention how funny she is?


#8) Siblings.



Full siblings, half siblings, step siblings. These people have my back. They are infuriating and loving, sweet and funny. The keepers of my childhood memories. Another perspective on our parents.My staunchest defenders, my most honest critics. My friends.

#9)

Polly.


My other mother. Maternal Unit 2 (MU2). Wise, loving, kind, funny. My mothers partner in life, my children's Big Pa. Everybody should have a Polly. Plus she's cute and has a Texas accent!


What are you grateful for today?

No comments: